标题: 《Speed, Speed the cable 》作者: - Kage Baker【EPUB】 [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2013-9-20 09:30
标题: 《Speed, Speed the cable 》作者: - Kage Baker【EPUB】
SPEED, SPEED THE CABLE K a g e??B a k e r Resident in California, Kage Baker is the author of the very popular Company se- ries of time-travel novels, in which the twenty-third century Zeus Corporation qui- etly ransacks the past of its treasures using an army of immortal once-human cyborgs. The books in the sequence are In the Garden of Iden , Sky Coyote , Mendoza in Hollywood , The Graveyard Game , The Life of the World To Come , The Children of the Company , The Machine’s Child , and The Sons of Heaven ; companion col- lections are Black Projects, White Knights and Gods and Pawns . One of the Com- pany’s key operatives in the Nineteenth Century is Edward Alton Bell- Fairfax, who in this story must safeguard the laying of the trans-Atlantic cable… “My friends, it is nothing more nor less than the Tower of Babel come again.” The speaker, a benign-looking gentleman with white side-whiskers, watched as his audience took in the statement. “Consider. Vile Man, in his pride, once more seeks to demolish the natural boundaries placed for his benefit by the Almighty. He does not now say, ‘I shall build great foundations and ascend through the stars, that the Lord may see I am exceeding great.’ No, he says rather: ‘Time and Space I shall make as nothing

欢迎光临 (https://imap.zazww.com/~zazww/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2